This edition of the #keepingitpeel podcast is a special edition featuring just the one artist. A group that John Peel had great admiration for:
This band recorded more Peel Sessions than any other. A total of 24 between 1978 to 2004.
All of these sessions were collected and released on a 6 CD compilation.
This special edition podcast just scratches the surface of their output, an edited highlights of only a small part of their history.
There are snippets of John Peel introducing some sessions inserted between the songs, plus some other exceprts taken from various radio and TV Programmes about Peelie. The audio and the musical tracks are listed below:
- Grinderswitch intro
- John Peel – Fall intros Link
- The Fall – Fifteen Ways
John Peel - Theme From Sparta FC intro
- The Fall – Theme From Sparta FC (Peel Session)
- The Fall – Lie Dream of a Casino Soul
- The Fall – Luck Know (Peel Session)
- Tony Wilson intro – Big New Prinz Link
- The Fall – Big New Prinz
- The Fall – Bingo Master Break-Out
- John Peel’s Record Box audio Link
- The Fall – Blindness (Peel Session)
- This Is Your Life audio Link
- The Fall – Telephone Thing
- Elastica with Mark E Smith – How He Wrote Elastic Man
- The Fall – How I wrote Elastic Man
John Peel - The Past Gone Mad into
- The Fall – A Past Gone Mad
- The Fall – Free Range (Peel Session)
- Desert Island Discs audio Link
- The Fall – Eat Yourself Fitter (Peel Session)
- Grinderswitch outro
As you can see from the list this is a longer pod. Nearly an hour long.
» D/load here.
The episode is 58 minutes long/file size is 53.5mb
The next pod … whenever.